From: Openstack [mailto:openstack-bounces+yoyochiang=itri.org.tw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thierry Carrez
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 10:02 PM
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openstack] I release naming (calling APAC community)

Hi everyone,

As you may know, we name our release cycles after cities or counties in the state/country where the corresponding design summit is held.

That creates an interesting problem for the "I" release, since there is no word starting with "i" in classic transliteration of Chinese words...
so not so many candidates. We'll have to get a bit creative and be willing to bend the rules a little.

Feel free to suggest names on this thread, or on the wiki page at:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Naming

I am especially interested by the input of our APAC community in general and our Chinese members in particular, which are probably the best to let us know which transliteration crime could be acceptable or which name they would particularly like.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack