Re: Related Projects

Do you have plans to add comparison matrices, user counts, github stats, categories (aside from arbitrary tags), etc.? No offense meant to stackmeat, but the OpenComparison project is way ahead in terms of features that make it easy for consumers to make educated choices about the projects/tools they're choosing. It's Python-based and used for lots of other Python communities. If stackmeat wants to re-invest the energy to get there that's your prerogative, but we desperately need better tooling for our ecosystem.

All the best,

-          Gabriel

From: Openstack [mailto:openstack-bounces+gabriel.hurley=nebula.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marton Kiss
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 12:15 PM
To: Thierry Carrez
Cc: <openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Related Projects

I'm taking care of stackmeat, and some feature upgrade is in the queue. If somebody like to join and help in content management, any help is welcome from my part.

Regards,
  Márton

2013/5/3 Thierry Carrez <thierry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thierry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2013-05-03 12:12:25 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Isn't that what stackmeat.org<http://stackmeat.org> was supposed to cover ? Doesn't this
>> transcluded RelatedProjects wikipage kind of duplicate this effort ?
> [...]
>
> Good point--I'd sadly forgotten about stackmeat.org... perhaps
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/RelatedProjects should just be
> deleted, the project owners encouraged to register their entries on
> http://stackmeat.org/ (if they haven't already), and link that from
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Projects#Unofficial.2Frelated_projects
> to improve its discoverability a little more?
Unless stackmeat is considered abandoned, that sounds like the right way
to go.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack