Re: time from patch to canonical repo?

On 4 May 2013 01:57, Steve Heistand <steve.heistand@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is there any way to judge how long it takes a patch to go from committed into the source
> tree until it shows up in the canonical repo?
>
> or alternatively I guess are there a guide to building from source?
>
> thanks

Hi Steve,

The process that the Ubuntu Cloud Archive follows mirrors the Stable
Updates (SRU) Process to that of the Ubuntu release that ships the
Openstack version that you are tracking.

Therefore, we currently have this mapping:
Essex - 12.04 LTS (No UCA Required)
Folsom - 12.10 (Quantal)
Grizzly - 13.04 (Raring)
Havana - 12.10 (Saucy, current development series)

Once the update has passed through the backing ubuntu release for the
cloud archive, it will very shortly be introduced into the Cloud
Archive for 12.04 LTS.

So really, timescales vary on the specific issue - depending on what
bug/commit you are tracking, I can provide a better answer.

Hope this helps.

--
Kind Regards,

Dave Walker <Dave.Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>