Re: cinder "malformed url" error

On 08.05.2013 02:34, Steve Heistand wrote:

2013-05-08 02:13:17  WARNING [cinder.scheduler.host_manager] service is
down or disabled.
2013-05-08 02:13:17    ERROR [cinder.scheduler.manager] Failed to
schedule_create_volume: No valid host was found.

I'm running the api and scheduler services on the controller node and
the volume service on a compute node. Any ideas why cinder doesn't find
a valid host?

Ive found that even small time differences between nodes can cause issues
like this.

Yep, that was it. Ntpd was running on the systems but apparently it couldn't reach any timeservers. I set up another system as the time source to synchronize the two nodes to and now the volume is created properly.

Thanks!

Regards,
  Dennis