A Grizzly GRE failure

I'm refactoring my question once again (see  "A Grizzly arping
failure" and "Failure to arp by quantum router").

Quickly, the problem is in a multi-node Grizzly+Raring setup with a
separate network node and a dedicated VLAN for VM traffic.  External
connections time out within a minute and dont' resume until traffic is
initiated from the VM.

I got some rather annoying and hostile assistance just now on IRC and
while it didn't result in a fix, it got me to realize that the problem
is possibly with my GRE setup.

I made a mistake when I originally set this up, assigning the mgmt
interface of the network node (192.168.241.99) as its GRE remote_ip
instead if the vm_config network interface (192.168.239.99).  I
realized my mistake and reconfigured the OVS plugin on the network
node and moved one.  But now, taking a look at my OVS bridges on the
network node, I see that the old remote IP is still there!

    Bridge br-tun
<snip>
        Port "gre-1"
            Interface "gre-1"
                type: gre
<snip>

This is also on all the compute nodes.

( Full ovs-vsctl show output here: http://pastebin.com/xbre1fNV)

What's more, I have this error every time I restart OVS:

2013-05-10 18:21:24    ERROR [quantum.agent.linux.ovs_lib] Unable to
execute ['ovs-vsctl', '--timeout=2', 'add-port', 'br-tun', 'gre-5'].
Exception:
Command: ['sudo', 'quantum-rootwrap', '/etc/quantum/rootwrap.conf',
'ovs-vsctl', '--timeout=2', 'add-port', 'br-tun', 'gre-5']
Exit code: 1
Stdout: ''
Stderr: 'ovs-vsctl: cannot create a port named gre-5 because a port
named gre-5 already exists on bridge br-tun\n'

Could that be because grep-1 is vestigial and possibly fouling up the
works by creating two possible paths for VM traffic?

Is it as simple as removing it with ovs-vsctl or is something else required?

Or is this actually needed for some reason?  Argh... help!

--
\*..+.-
--Greg Chavez

Follow ups