Re: [OpenStack Marketing] New code name for networks

On 05/12/2013 09:14 AM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 19:50 +0000, Jason Smith wrote:
Hello,
I understand why we had to give up Quantum code name but rather than
just refer to it as networking let's come up with a new code name!

Yes, this was discussed at the summit:

   https://etherpad.openstack.org/ProjectsReNaming

The conclusion was that a number of choices for a new name would be put
forward and that Quantum's contributors would vote for one of those
choices.

Just as a consideration to the Nova project (and probably others), it would be *really* nice if the new name was also 7 characters.

There are currently 351 occurrences of the word quantum in the Nova code in current master, some of them will have pep8 implications after changing, if the length of the word changes.

This probably bites quantum internally as well, but it's worth making sure it's highlighted.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net