Re: Install from ISO in OpenStack

That is pretty cool!

I was thinking on this about a week now... Because I'm facing some problems
with a pre-installed Windows 7 VM with Grizzly + Ubuntu 12.04...

*** Windows froze on the first boot of the Instance, at its "recovery mode
checks" (or something like that)...

So, boot an Instance with an ISO sounds great! To try to do the Windows
installation there, directly on Instance first boot, prompting Windows end
user license to the clients and etc...

Anyway, I'll try now that "Golden Image" approach...

Some info: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BootFromISO

Regards,
Thiago

On 17 May 2013 21:00, Ray Sun <xiaoquqi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to create an instance using an ISO which is already in glance.
>
> I can successfully use a pre-made qcow2 to launch an instance, from the
> document, I know the glance support ISO file, so I tried to do this test,
> but it seems not work on KVM under OpenStack platform.
>
> Best Regards
> -- Ray
>

> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Sam Stoelinga <sammiestoel@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to create an Openstack instance based on Ubuntu 12.04 or
>> are you trying to install openstack on ubuntu?
>>
>> If you're trying to just launch an ubuntu image, you can use the pre-made
>> qcow2 images by ubuntu, didn't have any issues with those.
>> See:
>> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/starting-images.html
>>

>> What iso are you using?
>>

>> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Ray Sun <xiaoquqi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I try to install ubuntu 12.04 on OpenStack, here's my steps:
>>>  1. Upload ubuntu iso into OpenStack
>>> 2. Launch a new VM and install
>>> 3. Network can't detect