Is there a way to use an external DHCP to assign IPs to instances?

Hi,

is there a way to assign IP addresses to instances using an external DHCP
server? I'm using Grizzly with the "flat" scenario where my compute-nodes
are directly connected to the data network:

http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-network/admin/content/app_demo_flat.html

On this data network I already have a DHCP server and would be very useful
to use it.

In my first tests I've noted the quantum dhcp agent distributes the IPs
from allocation pool of the created subnet. Is it possible to have the
instances asking for IPs directly on data network? Or quantum should
control IPs assignments?

I have to control IPs and MACs. One way is create ports on quantum that
will be assigned to VMs. But with the external DHCP would be simplest.

Regards.

--
- MSc. Correa, J.L.