Re: How to assign External ip to vm without quantum L3 agent

Yes, the provider network provide a way for that use case.

And I proposed a blueprint [1] to be able to isolate ports on a same
network/subnet.
So in you case, if you set a provider network as a public network and if
you like to share this network between tenants, you will be able to isolate
l2 traffic between ports on this network to respond to classical security
constraints (isolation between tenants).

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/quantum/+spec/isolated-network

Édouard.