[Cinder] Re: Multiple machines hosting cinder-volumes with Folsom ?

Le 30/05/2013 15:25, Sylvain Bauza a écrit :
Hi,

It sounds quite unclear for me about the possibility *in Folsom* to have two distinct Cinder hosts having each one LVM backend called cinder-volumes ?

As per the doc [1], I would say the answer is no, but could you please confirm ?

If so, do you have any idea on how to trick a nearly full LVM cinder-volumes VG ? (I can't hardly add a new disk for adding a second PV).

Thanks,
-Sylvain

[1] : http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-block-storage/admin/content/multi_backend.html

Replying to myself. As per [2], it seems having a multiple cinder-volume setup in Folsom is achiveable. Could someone from Cinder confirm that this setup is OK ?

[2] : https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg21825.html