Re: Swift performance issues with requests

On 05/31/2013 04:55 AM, Klaus Schürmann wrote:
Hi,

when I test my new swift cluster I get a strange behavior with GET and PUT requests.
Most time it is really fast. But sometimes it takes a long time to get the data.
Here is an example with the same request which took one time 17 seconds:

Can someone explain such behavior?

I'm sure others will suggest storage things to check. Being a networking type, I will suggest looking into TCP retransmissions. Netstat -s commands can be helpful there. On your client, the proxy and perhaps even your object server(s).

rick jones