Problems with rabbitmq + haproxy + cinder

Hi all, I am having a few troubles getting haproxy and cinder-api to work
together correctly.  If I set the rabbit_host & port to the actual service
(not through haproxy) it seems to work fine.  The following is a bunch of
debugging information:

Here are the errors in my cinder log:
http://pastie.org/pastes/8020123/text

Here are the non-default cinder configuration options:
http://pastie.org/pastes/8020082/text

Note: I have cinder running on a non-standard port because ultimately it
too will be load balanced with haproxy.

Here is a section my haproxy-int.cfg:
http://pastie.org/pastes/8020077/text

Status, permissions, and policies of the rabbitmq cluster:
http://pastie.org/pastes/8020114/text

Does anyone see anything wrong, or have suggestions?

Thanks so much!

P.S. If anyone can explain the difference between logdir and log_dir that
would be awesome!

Thanks,
Sam

Follow ups