Re: Can I run qemu-kvm in an OpenStack Instance

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Parrott, Robert <parrott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> No. You can't use KVM in a guest since it requires hardware
> virtualization. Instead you need to use qemu in emulation mode. Refer to
> the devstack code for how to set this up, since devatack will work in
> Amazon EC2.

It *is* possible to do KVM in KVM, actually. I just set it up today (but it
was my manually created KVM hosting a devstack launching KVM guests, not
the same situation as Daniel). I've heard this "you can't do KVM in KVM"
thing from a few different people and I want to make sure that it's clear
that you actually can, given the correct hardware support.

--
IRC: radix
Christopher Armstrong