HTTP headers are incorrectly treated case sensitive by jClouds causing OpenStack x-storage-url to fail

We are using the jclouds library for connection to OpenStack Swift
(grizzly) cloud storage, and are running into the following issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-155

We are using Apache web front for the swift proxy as defined here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/apache_deployment_guide.html

Essentially the issue is that the Apache web front (using mod-wsgi) returns
a lower case header (x-storage-url), whereas jClouds is expecting it to be
X-Storage-URL (case-sensitive).

So the jClouds is being case-sensitive. When it shouldn't be.

Is there anything we can do to work around this, while someone from the
jClouds community fixes this issue?

This is a rather urgent issue. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Saqib

Follow ups