Grizzly libvirt volume drivers all in single file "volume.py"?

I am trying to write a volume driver for a new/unique storage type
uncovered by the existing ones.

I have a Cinder driver working fine - but I am now working on adding the
nova/libvirt component of it (for Nova clients to connect into).

It appears that (unlike in Cinder) - ALL of the drivers are in a single
file "volume.py" and the libvirt_volume_drivers list options all call the
classes from it.

Any attempt I have made to call a driver in another file results in the
libvirt.driver module itself to fail to load.

Is there some (odd) reason why all the drivers are placed in a single file?
Will it continue to be mandated to do it this why? Is there a way around
this that I am missing?

This seems broken and wrong for so many different reasons...

Follow ups