Re: Virtual Instances are unable to communicate with Outer World

1. Can you shut off iptables on all VMs and see.2. You may need a proxy server to get out to  the outside world.
Nirlay

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 17:39:46 -0500
From: amoghpatel4u@xxxxxxxxx
To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Openstack] Virtual Instances are unable to communicate with Outer	World

Hello!

I'm trying to implement OpenStack Grizzly solution in my environment ( bunch
of Mac Minis) with one NIC card limitation. So far, I was able to setup a
 Controller and two Compute Nodes and created several VMs in compute
nodes.

My host (Controller/Compute) are in 10.x.x.x series and I've
setup the br100 private network for VMs in 192.168.100.x series per
document. So, both Host and VMs have different gateway.

Problem : My Hosts (Controller/Compute) can communicate
(ping/SSH) to their VMs but other server from same network (10.x.x.x)
are unable to communicate to VMs. Vice versa, VMs are unable to
communicate to other Hosts of the 10.x.x.x network except controller
& compute nodes and also to the outer world.

What could be possible solution for this? Any help would be really
appreciated. Please let me know, what information/files should I provide
 to diagnose it further. Can we do any kind of NATing or iptables rules
in OpenStack like VMWare provides? By the way, I'm using FlatDHCPManager
 mode.

Thanks in advance.

nova-manage version - 2013.1.1
Thanks,