Swift tempurl

I'm having trouble getting tempurl to work.

I set the "X-Account-Meta-Temp-Url-Key" metadata on the account. And a GET request shows it's set correctly.

I've enabled it on the proxy server in /etc/swift/proxy-server.conf:

[DEFAULT]
bind_port = 8080
workers = 8
user = swift

[pipeline:main]
pipeline = healthcheck cache tempurl swauth proxy-server

[app:proxy-server]
use = egg:swift#proxy
allow_account_management = true
account_autocreate = true

[filter:tempurl]
use = egg:swift#tempurl

[filter:swauth]
use = egg:swauth#swauth
set log_name = swauth
super_admin_key = <removed>
default_swift_cluster = gigahost#https://<url>/v1#http://localhost:8080/v1

[filter:healthcheck]
use = egg:swift#healthcheck

[filter:cache]
use = egg:swift#memcache
memcache_servers = 127.0.0.1:11211

When creating the tempurl's, even using the swift-temp-url program I get:

~ $ curl -i "https://<url>/v1/AUTH_224b1001-2c75-444c-aaef-30af13b9154c/000/206.pdf?temp_url_sig=387d79120a591e1cf6f4d4356f5c0a96fb49d202&temp_url_expires=1373438360"
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Server: nginx