Re: why did openstack choose ceph (and not glusterfs)

Hey all,

Ceph community manager here.  Just to be clear, while a lot of OpenStack
implementations are "choosing Ceph," there are plenty that aren't.  That's
the beauty of OpenStack, especially as it relates to Cinder and Glance.
 It's very easy to plug in whatever makes the most sense for your
particular use case.

In fact, we'd love to see a similar abstracted approach on the object
storage side as well.  While Ceph supports the Swift API, there are many
other tools that might not.  We are huge fans of choice, and we'd love to
see the ability to easily plug options for object as well as block.

Hope that clears things up a bit and you are able to choose the tool that
best suits your needs.  Obviously we think Ceph is amazing, but we're all
FOSS heads and are pretty happy as long as you find an Open Source solution
that does what you need.

Shout if you have questions.

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry