Re: a flavor with no disk nor ephemeral storage ?

Hi,

>Of course you can. Through command 'nova help flavor-create', You will see how to make it.
Yes I read the manual before posting.
I can create a flavor  with disk and ephemeral set to zero, but when I start VMs, each one makes a copy of the DVD image under /var/lib/nova/instances/_base. And each instance has a qcow files under /var/lib/nova/instances/instancexxxxxx/

What I need is several diskless virtual appliance clones booting from a single liveDVD iso image.
Is there a simple way to clone virual iso appliances with no extra storage load ?
In my case, I plan to have the liveDVD iso image file on ramdisk, and all diskless virtual appliance clones booting from that single ram located liveDVD.
This behviour is quite easy to implement on libvirt envrionment on a simple workstation, but now I want to transpose on an openstack environment for an "on demand cloning" service.

regards.

Jacques Landru