 From: David Kang <dkang@xxxxxxx>
To: "openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:22 PM
Subject: [Openstack] [Quantum/Neutron] VM cannot get IP address from DHCP server

Hi,

  We are running OpenStack Folsom on CentOS 6.4.
Quantum-linuxbridge-agent is used.
By default, the Quantum node has the following entries in its /etc/sysconfig/iptables file.

-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

With those two lines, VM cannot get IP address from the DHCP server running on the Quantum node.
More specifically, the first line prevents a VM from getting IP address from DHCP server.
The second line prevents a VM from talking to other VMs and external worlds.
Is there a better way to make the Quantum network work well
than just commenting them out?

I'll appreciate your help.

David