openteachermaintainers team mailing list archive

[Blueprint update-manager] Updates for modules from OpenTeacher

Blueprint changed by Marten de Vries:

Whiteboard changed:
  This will change the way OpenTeacher is distributed.
  ~milanboers proposes we do this:
  - When we have enough stable new modules (modules that were not in any previous releases), or there are changes to the module manager, we release a new OpenTeacher version.
  - Bugfixes and important updates of modules are pushed through the update manager.

  ~marten-de-vries says:
  - All updates are pushed through the update manager, we only release versions now and then to make the updates after the download not too big.

  ~Guus asks:
  - Will translations also be updated trough the manager?
  ~marten-de-vries: Yes!

  Discussion points:
  - Do we alert the user when an update is available, do they have to look for theirselves, or do we secretly automatically push them? Linux users are not used to updates within applications.
+
+ By default the user gets asked, there's an option to automatically (not)
+ install updates the next time.

--
Updates for modules from OpenTeacher
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openteacher/+spec/update-manager