openteachermaintainers team mailing list archive

[Blueprint mobile-openteacher] Mobile OpenTeacher

Blueprint changed by Marten de Vries:

Whiteboard changed:
  ~ODS-3x-discussion: Nice future idea! (combine (partly) with:
  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openteacher/+spec/web-openteacher ?)

  ~marten-de-vries: Started now, using jQuery Mobile. The plan is to build
  the result with PhoneGap, maybe we could even use the build service
  they're offering since that's free for open source projects, and seems
  to work pretty easy (just pushing to a github branch). The application
  isn't coded directly, it's generated from a few templates and some
  module data by a python OT module (org/openteacher/mobileGenerator).

  ~marten-de-vries: https://github.com/commandoline/openteacher-mobile keeps the generated source so PhoneGap Build can pull from there. I already did a first build (https://build.phonegap.com/apps/226062/share), but after testing for android by Milan and me we found a few bugs:
  - icon is wrong (but the icon isn't included by mobileGenerator.py, that might fix it)
  - flickering. http://outof.me/fixing-flickers-jumps-of-jquery-mobile-transitions-in-phonegap-apps/ might work
  - the app doesn't respond when the device is turned, especially annoying when going from landscape to portrait. Try reacting to the orientationchange event. Also, I saw a suggestion online this was related to the fixed headers and footers.
  - Themes based on OS:
  -- https://github.com/jjoe64/jquery-mobile-android-theme
  -- https://github.com/sgrebnov/jqmobile-metro-theme
  -- https://github.com/taitems/iOS-Inspired-jQuery-Mobile-Theme
  -- https://github.com/blackberry/jQueryMobile-BB10-Theme
  -- fallback: default jqm theme.
+
+ ~marten-de-vries: the one remaining thing (syncing with OT web) should
+ be pretty easy. Just replacing localStorage operations with their
+ pouchdb equivalents and add syncing (mostly logging in i.e.)

--
Mobile OpenTeacher
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openteacher/+spec/mobile-openteacher