openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #190479]: [doc] why -u all instead of -u my_module?

Question #190479 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/190479

Stefan Rijnhart (Therp) posted a new comment:
Hi Dmitrijs,

Dreadfully sorry, we missed a number of questions on the project because
we had not configured the Launchpad answer contact timely.

The reason for propagating an '-u all' is that this allows the algorithm
to detect if a model or a model's field has been moved to a different
module in simple cases. If that does not apply to your setup then you
should be able to update a single module. Usability wise, the refactored
way of building the analysis database layout changes using interface
wizards allows storing the changes per module, right into the module's
migrations' subdirectory, releaving the developer from the burden of
sorting out the changes that apply to a specific module. It also does
not incorrectly list XML id's with a different module prefix  under the
prefixed module anymore, but under the module that it is actually
defined in.

Cheers,
Stefan.

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.