openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #221374]: Force install a new module before migrate

Question #221374 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/221374

Stefan Rijnhart (Therp) proposed the following answer:
Well, you cannot encode it in the migration script but you can add the
'force_deps' directive under an 'openupgrade' heading in the OpenUpgrade
server configuration file:

    [openupgrade]
    force_deps = {'installed_module': ['new_dependency']}

I hope this helps. If it concerns the official addons we should encode
it in the migration script for the base module. What is your example?

Cheers,
Stefan.

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.