openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

New Member

Hello,

I am a developer working in a small company that is using OpenERP's Sales
Module and they need to upgrade their system from version 6.1 to version
7.0 and I am assigned the task of migrating the data belonging to the sales
module. I learned about this project OpenUpgrade but I also noticed that
there is still no migration scripts to version 7.0. Therefore, I decided to
contribute to this project and try to help in developing migration scripts
for the sales module. However, I am still very new to OpenUpgrade and need
some guidance on how to start. I read the OpenUpgrade documentation but it
didn't provide much help. I was wondering if there are any documentation
that describe how I can get started in implementing migration scripts (as
in methods to call etc.).

I also read a comment that claimed there is a branch with completed
migration scripts to version 7.0 for the base module. Is this branch stable?

Thank you,
Khaled

Follow ups