openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #227533]: what does the version checker inside openupgrade server do?

Question #227533 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/227533

Jeroen_monkeytail is still having a problem:
I want to migrate a database from V6.0 to V6.1

in the addons of openupgrade V6.1 I put a module with name:
ou_testmodule, with subfolder 'migration', which has a subfolder
'6.1.1.1' which contains the migration files.

The version of 'ou_testmodule' is 1.0 (inside __openerp__.py)

1.Is this correct?

2.What conventions need to be followed in general? I dont understand why
the module version and the openerp version are related at all. Why does
it matter what the number of 'version' is, inside __openerp__.py?

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.