openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Uninstalled modules migration

On 06/07/2013 11:31 AM, Paulius Sladkevičius wrote:
Hi Everyone

What is best practice if module was installed but not used. If we "uninstall" it, of course all tables and etc. data are left in database.

My first idea was that before migration all tables and related data with "uninstalled" module must be removed, to have cleaner db as possible before migration.

What is your opinion?

Hi,

We would still like to create this service module for post migration tasks such as cleaning up remaining fields and tables. Until then, just uninstall the module. It is not very likely to create problems at database migration time, but only when the module is reïnstalled at a later time.

Cheers,
Stefan.