openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

openupgrade70 and non openobjects addons

I need some clarification with how migration scripts work with the openupgrade project when outside the openobject addons.

Migrating the openobject addons is fairly straight forward in terms of commits and file structures: there's a separate branch for them in the project.

What I don't understand is the situation of the rest of the modules (mgmtsystem[1] is the one I'm currently working on). Since I doubt openupgrade will maintain a branch for each modules containing migration scripts, what is the problem with adding migration files to the modules themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought only openupgrade looks into migration files.

What I'm getting at is that I'm stuck trying to push my migration scripts to mgmtsystem and I don't understand what steps are needed to fix them[1].

Clarification on these points will help me move ahead,
Thank you,
--
Sandy

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~savoirfairelinux-openerp/openerp-mgmtsystem/openupgrade70/+merge/192730