openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #239250]: [6.1 -> 7.0] Migration feedback

Question #239250 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/239250

Maxime Chambreuil (http://www.savoirfairelinux.com) posted a new comment:
At Savoir-faire Linux, we started using OpenERP with version 6.0.

At the end of 2012, we migrated to 6.1 by writing our own script
consisting in adding SQL queries after another when we encountered
migration errors. It was painful and took us 200 hours to migrate from
6.0 to 6.1.

Now we are preparing to migrate to version 7.0 using OpenUpgrade.
Obviously, we only focus our effort on the modules we use but still a
lot of contributions had to be made to make it happen. It will probably
take us the same 200 hours, including the migration of some modules, but
we have a lot more chance to benefit from those hours than the ones to
migrate to 6.1 : reusable migration experience, a better OpenUpgrade, a
predictable migration time and a new service for our customer.

Join us now and share the software...

Cheers,

Maxime

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.