openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #240510]: Missing field from base addons and custom modules

Question #240510 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/240510

Stefan Rijnhart (Therp) proposed the following answer:
Hi Yann,

are you sure the post script of the base module will fail? The column
will be recreated by the upgrade of the base module, even if its values
will be empty.

I think you should be able to transfer the city_id from the addresses to
their respective partner in a post migration script in the city module
itself. Note that the base module's migration scripts store the created
partner id on the old address table for these purposes.

Unrelated to the migration, is there a version 7.0 of this city  module
anyway? I've encountered my own problems when I tried to replace a
partner address field by an unstored function field
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1253200)

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.