openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #240510]: Missing field from base addons and custom modules

Question #240510 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/240510

Stefan Rijnhart (Therp) posted a new comment:
Oh, I was mistaken when I said that the column would be recreated. Of course it won't for dropped models like res.partner.address.
So yes, you would need to recreate the column manually, to survive the SQL query that retrieves it. Currently, you could [1] do what you do, [2] alter the SQL in the base scripts or [3] add the column to the raw database using SQL. All are equally bad and cannot disguise this weakness in the OpenUpgrade architecture ;-)

Anyone has an idea how to smoothen out such troubles in the framework?

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.