openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #227528]: Help for working in migration 6.1 -> 7.0

Question #227528 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/227528

Sylvain LE GAL (GRAP) posted a new comment:
Hi.

Yes to "openupgrade" a database, you have to use the openupgrade project that is like a "fork" of openobject addons & server project with script in each addons and some script in openupgrade folders. (basically).
If you want to upgrade from version X to version Y, you have to use the Y version of openupgrade.
why there is the whole instance of openerp in openupgrade ?
-> that is usefull to have the whole framework when we write  scripts migrations ;
-> openerp automatically add new fields and datas and remove obsolete fields and datas ; So the most important work is avoided.

after checking out openupgrade project, you have to run openupgrade like that :
python openupgrade_server_path/openerp-server --update=all --database=my_database -c my_config_file.conf

the --stop-after-init is not mandatory. if you don't use it, you can test the result by tiping http://localhost:8069.

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.