openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #227528]: Help for working in migration 6.1 -> 7.0

Question #227528 on OpenUpgrade Server changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/openupgrade-server/+question/227528

Alexandro Colorado posted a new comment:
Thanks Holger, can you let me know the steps to make it work, should I
just drop it on the legacy OE, the new OE, is there  a config argument I
should also include.

ATM I have something like this:
/home/user/public_html/openerp6/
/home/user/public_html/openerp7/
/home/user/public_html/openupgrade-server/
/home/user/public_html/openupgrade-addons/

I have the default database (sample database) with 6 common standard
modules (crm, sales, purchase, projects, hr, accounting).

I download the script, I tried to run it as the following:
python migrate.py -C openerp6/install/openerp-server.conf --run-migrations="7.0" --branch-dir=/home/user/tmp/openupgrade

had to add the db_name=name to the openerp-server.conf on 6.x

As it ran it connect to the bzr repo and re-download the openerp-web/7.0

Hope I could have gone about this different, or is this good enough?

OpenUpgrade Drivers, which is an answer contact for OpenUpgrade Server.