openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Policy for deleted views of renamed modules ?

On 03/14/2014 04:13 PM, Valentin LAB wrote:

> ParseError: "ValidateError
> The field(s) `arch` failed against a constraint: Invalid view definition
>
> Not to be mistaken, the only view that actually mention gmail_user
> field in its arch is the "google_base_account" one.
>

> I can remove it by hand, but if I want to put it in the migration
> script, where can I do it ? in which module ? Why the hell this bogus
> view gets loaded if its module is not loaded yet ?

Hi,

The checkbox permission tab on the user view is a generated
representation of groups in the system and it is updated when groups are
added or removed in any module.

This is why we do not raise on invalid views in OpenUpgrade. You must
have failed to port this bit to your OpenUpgrade/trunk.

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
web: http://therp.nl