openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Auto install new unmet dependencies

On 17-03-14 10:59, Valentin LAB wrote:

``document_page`` module content was moved towards a new ``website_blog`` that now depends on other modules ``website_mail`` and which in turn require ``website``.

Naturally I get these errors while updating all:

ERROR: module website_mail: Unmet dependencies: website
ERROR: module website_blog: Unmet dependencies: website_mail

What is the best way to tackle with these ? I'm willing to write some code to install both of these if document_page was used in first place, but it seems a very generic "install_all_unmet_dependency()" function would be welcome...

At least up until 7.0, upgrading the base module (through --update all) refreshes the module list. It still seems to do so in trunk, in openerp/modules/loading.py (look for update_list). The new dependencies get selected for installation in openerp/openupgrade/openupgrade_loading.py. While these errors occur at some point in the process in the logs, the modules get installed fine during the upgrade.

Not sure why it does not work for you.

Cheers,
Stefan.