openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Why "deferred_70.migrate_deferred" is ran at every update ?

On 03/25/2014 05:44 PM, Valentin LAB wrote:

> I mean... I understand that it need to be run after 6.1->7.0
> migration, but won't it fail in 5.0->6.0, 6.0->6.1, ... etc..., or if
> it doesn't fail, isn't it useless ?

Hi Valentin,

It's only present in OpenUpgrade 7.0. I believe you are running a trunk
instance, from which you can remove it.

> It'll launch also when you ask for updating a small unrelated module
> after the main migration has already been done, do we really need to
> get this run each time a small module get updated ? (This function can
> be quite long to execute...)

Another demonstration of the fact that OpenUpgrade was designed not to
run as a regular OpenERP server, but only for migration purposes. There
is probably a way to flag an actual release update, but we did not
bother with it.

> Why wasn't it put in the base/migrations/7.0.1.3/post-migration.py file ?

It needs to be run after all modules have been upgraded, because some
modules declare commercial fields of their own.

Cheers,
Stefan.