openupgrade-drivers team mailing list archive

Issue with base module migration to v8

Hello all,

I've been testing the OpenUpgrade migration to v8.
Unless I'm doing something wrong, the upgrade is not working at a basic level.

I'm trying to migrate an empty v7 database, with only base and web modules installed.
The migration process displays an error:
/[view_id: 159, xml_id: base.user_groups_view, model: res.users, parent_id: 156] ERROR v8mig0 openerp.addons.base.ir.ir_ui_view: Field `menu_id` does not exist//
/
But otherwise seems to run correctly.
However, when connecting to the migrated v8 webclient, it won't work correctly due to views javascript errors:
/Odoo Client Error//
//TypeError: viewclass is not a constructor//
//http://10.92.0.214:8070/web/js/web.assets_backend/0be0812:3058//
/
I'm able to consistently reproduce the problem with these steps.
Positioned at the root of your OpenUpgrade git clone:

*# Add official 8.0 branch**
*git add remote odoo https://github.com/odoo/odoo.git
git fetch odoo 8.0

*# Create a clean v7 instance**
*dropdb v8mig0; createdb v8mig0
git checkout 7.0
./openerp-server --stop-after-init -d v8mig0 --addons-path="addons/" -i base,web

*# Run the v8 migration**
*git checkout 8.0
./openerp-server -d v8mig0 --stop-after-init -u all

*# Update modules using official v8*
git checkout odoo/8.0
./openerp-server -d v8mig0 --stop-after-init -u all

Again, unless I'm doing something wrong, this is a problem affection all OpenUpgrade users, and I don't have a clue on how to fix it.
Has anyone else also found the issue?

Best regards,
Daniel Reis

Follow ups