oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: build errors 2013-02-25

Hi Antony

> > Hmm.. I am pretty sure that default install installed 4.6 ... 4.7 is
> > known to be more fussy.
>
> Haven't done anything special to installed g++
> Just standard repos for all that, simply updated with distro update
> foo.
>

> > Looking at boost mailing list, it appears that boost 1.48+ are known
> > not to work on g++ 4.7
>
> Euh... so how do we address that?

Ubuntu 12.10 has g++ 4.7 as its default, but also g++4.5 and g++4.6 installed under those names.
I've uninstalled g++ 4.7 and did ln -s /usr/bin/g++4.6 /usr/bin/g++

Perhaps we can create a way in the build configuration system to detect what's available, and use a suitable g++ binary rather than "hardcoding" that to be "g++"?

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery