oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Parallel BGL

Hi Antony

> Perhaps but not yet. Significant retooling would be required to make
> it work - in particular, the various oqgraph instances would need to
> open a port for distributed message passing.
>
> If we could, it could certainly put a dent in Neo4J's ubiquity in the
> clustered graph arena.
>
> Thinking about it briefly... I would probably use zeromq for message
> passing.

Perhaps it would then make sense to have OQGraph be a separate (distributed) daemon in that realm.
But that would bring us back to the persistence issue, it would require permanent storage and unless you'd run to back into a MySQL instance, it has to resolve the usual issues such as ACID.

Cheers,
Arjen.