oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Equivalent of git rebase or git merge, for Bazaar Maria mainline

Hi Andrew

On 02/09/13 22:49, Andrew McDonnell wrote:
I have a bit of time again, I thought it would be a good idea to take my
changes and apply them on the latest Maria trunk or release candidate, given I
first branched off back in about March.  Regression testing may show up if the
debug build assertions are still a problem.

Is oqgraph otherwise clean-ish now?

Is the preferred workflow here to make a new branch from Maria and merge my
Oqgraph v3 changes to the new branch, or forward merge from Maria into my
current branch?

lp:~andymc73/oqgraph/10.0-oqgraph3-varchar

Hmm... the question is, do we want to retain the oqgraph (v3) commit history in the merge - generally speaking, the answers to that would be yes.

So yes, perhaps just pull in new stuff from MariaDB, merge, and the result will be a neat divergence and reconvergence showing how the development took place.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery