oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Changes made to sql core that affect us

Hi,

I merged in from the latest lp:maria/10.0

Several things broke, most on the minor severity of renames etc. I was able to
sort out.

However, we use a function ha_create_table_from_engine() which doesnt exist
any more.  Looking at the change log
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~maria-captains/maria/10.0/revision/3427.1.119 it
was simply removed outright in a commit with no commentary!

Why do the commit messages state 'remove ha_create_table_from_engine()' ? I
can see that by looking at the diff, but to me a useful commit message would
indicate at least a little bit as to why? or is that likely to be out on a
branch somewhere?

Anyway, the entire diff of our merge looks like (see after):

The code doesnt appear to provide a direct replacement for opening a table...
any ideas? Meantime, I'll try and search the rest of maria for other examples
of usage...

--Andrew

--

http://blog.oldcomputerjunk.net
https://launchpad.net/~andymc73

3119
3944
/* discovery */
3120

int ha_create_table_from_engine(THD* thd, const char *db, const char *name);
3121

bool ha_check_if_table_exists(THD* thd, const char *db, const char *name,
3122

                             bool *exists);
3123

int ha_discover(THD* thd, const char* dbname, const char* name,
3124

                uchar** frmblob, size_t* frmlen);
3125

int ha_find_files(THD *thd,const char *db,const char *path,
3126

                  const char *wild, bool dir, List<LEX_STRING>* files);
3127

int ha_table_exists_in_engine(THD* thd, const char* db, const char* name);

3945
#ifdef MYSQL_SERVER

3946
class Discovered_table_list: public handlerton::discovered_list

3947
{

3948
  THD *thd;

3949
  const char *wild, *wend;

3950
public:

3951
  Dynamic_array<LEX_STRING*> *tables;

3952

3953
  Discovered_table_list(THD *thd_arg, Dynamic_array<LEX_STRING*> *tables_arg,

3954
                        const LEX_STRING *wild_arg);

3955
  ~Discovered_table_list() {}

3956

3957
  bool add_table(const char *tname, size_t tlen);

3958
  bool add_file(const char *fname);

3959

3960
  void sort();

3961
  void remove_duplicates(); // assumes that the list is sorted

3962
};

3963

3964
int ha_discover_table(THD *thd, TABLE_SHARE *share);

3965
int ha_discover_table_names(THD *thd, LEX_STRING *db, MY_DIR *dirp,

3966
                            Discovered_table_list *result, bool reusable);

3967
bool ha_table_exists(THD *thd, const char *db, const char *table_name,

3968
                     handlerton **hton= 0);

3969
#endif--