oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Idea for oqgraph internal architecture

Hiya

currently we have limitations: no views, only works with innodb/aria/myisam/xtradb etc

I was looking through some of the other storage engines to get a better idea of how things work, with the goal of fixing the memory problem. I think I am close, we need to just use the proper memory share arrangement and possibly a hash of tables we already opened, or something. Anwyay.

One thing I (re)realised, looking at ha_connect, is that conceptually oqgraph could work with anything at all that has table semantics, given the right interface.

So in theory, we could restructure oqgraph to work like ha_connect and I think federatedx, which resolve to using the mysql client API to talk to the database.

If I was able to modify oqgraph to access the backing store like that instead of directly hammering the raw mysql internals, it means we could work with anything. Which means you could even chain it to ha_connect and access data in other databases like postgres or god forbid SQL Server!

The big open question, is whether there would be any significant performance hit using the mysql client library to access data on the same host?

just a thought bubble
--Andrew

Follow ups