orchestra team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~jtv/orchestra/odev-without-apt-get-update into lp:~orchestra/orchestra/odev

Thanks for looking into this more closely.  Most of this is not worth any further time, so I'll just drop it.  I do think it makes sense to treat “apt-get update” as the system owner's responsibility rather than an automatic step.  It would be useful in situations where network connections are slow enough, and fail often enough, that a combined update/install repeatedly breaks before much lasting progress can be made.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jtv/orchestra/odev-without-apt-get-update/+merge/96515
Your team orchestra is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jtv/orchestra/odev-without-apt-get-update into lp:~orchestra/orchestra/odev.