ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: Virtual columns patch

Hi Andrey

On 23/10/2008, at 4:10 AM, Andrey Zhakov wrote:

MATCH is a complex feature itself. IMO, mixing up MATCH with virtual columns is over-complication. I want to keep things as simple as possible but if you know how a potential customer could benefit from that (I intentionally added the TODO comment to raise a discussion) then please let me know..

Hehe - smart fella ;-)
Can you describe what a MATCH-based virtual column is/does?

Cheers,
ARjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
Training and Expertise for MySQL in Australia and New Zealand

OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org