ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #68202]: Dependency conflict when installing php-mysql

Question #68202 on OurDelta changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ourdelta/+question/68202

Arjen Lentz posted a new comment:
Hi Andrew

On 25/04/2009, at 2:13 AM, Andrew Otto wrote:
> Andrew Otto posted a new comment:
> Hmm, or so I thought.  I'm now trying to install php 5.2.29.  The only
> pre-built RPM I've found is from the Remi Collet repository
> (http://rpms.famillecollet.com/).  Everything expect for php-mysql
> installs just fine.  php-mysql depends on mysql-libs, which apparently
> is not satisfied by the OurDelta build, at least not by Remi's RPM.
>
> Is this a case of just a third party RPM conflicting, or is there
> something else simple that I am missing.  Again, I've pasted the
> output
> of yum install below.

Remi has created a dependency on libmysqlclient.so.16 which is for
MySQL 5.1.34 which you're not running.
The OurDelta 5.0 packages (-shared) have .15

I'd suggest asking Remi to rebuild for libmysqlclient.so.15 for now,
otherwise more people will have this issue and not just with OurDelta.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related

Follow our blog at http://openquery.com/blog/
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org

OurDelta-developers, which is an answer contact for OurDelta.