ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #69430]: Per session statistics

Question #69430 on OurDelta changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ourdelta/+question/69430

Neil Katin gave more information on the question:

> As far as I'm concerned, the per-client/host stuff won't go away.
> It might not be useful for Google, but it's useful for the rest of the
> world.

> Some fixing will be needed, there appears to be a memory leak
> somewhere which we need to track down

I had actually tracked this one down, since our servers had encountered
this.  The root-cause problem was that the CLIENT field is 16 chars
long, but hostnames were limited to 64 bytes, but checked against the 16
char CLIENT field.  If your hostname was longer than 16 chars it looked
like a new one, and was inserted as a new row in the CLIENT_STATISTICS
data structure; a new row was added for each connection.

CLIENT was 16 chars because it shared the same data structure as
USER_STATISTICS.  The reasonable fix seemed to be to either make a
different structure that had CLIENT as 64 bytes, or to truncate host
names to 16 characters to match the stored value.

OurDelta-developers, which is an answer contact for OurDelta.