ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #65524]: statistics empty

Question #65524 on OurDelta changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ourdelta/+question/65524

Weldon Whipple posted a new comment:
That's very interesting memory leak information! At our company we use a
mixture of the Google and Percona patches, plus some of our own. Our own
modifications make MySQL communicate with a (still experimental, under
development) throttling daemon (to make sure that individual users don't
abuse mysqld).

We were noticing a huge (what appeared to be a) memory leak until we fixed
SHOW CLIENT_STATISTICS to allow host names of longer than 16 bytes. However,
we are still noticing smaller memory leaks on some boxes.

I will look at the 5.0.86 modification and see if it eliminates the
remaining leaks. (We're currently running 5.0.81 in production.)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Weldon Whipple

(P.S. I have ported the Google/Percona/OurLocal combined patch to MySQL
5.1.39. Because it includes our experimental throttling modifications, it
goes beyond the changes of OurDelta. Maybe I should separate them into two
patches? I'm still trying to understand patch-based source control. I
maintain our source in subversion. Whenever I want to generate a patch, I
export the base version and the modified version and use diff to create a
patch. Can anyone point to other methods that give "absolute" source control
using patches? Maybe using quilt, as some Linux kernel developers do?)