oxide team mailing list archive

Oxide update

Hi,

Sending this email to individuals as well as the new mailing list. In the future
we should generally just use the mailing list. This is a follow-up for the
actions from this week's Oxide[1] meeting:

 * https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/client-1308-oxide is updated with monthly
   work items for this cycle. The work items are mostly about features and
   getting things into the archive. Most everything is already assigned, but
   there are a few lower priority items that are unassigned. If you haven't
   already, please subscribe to the blueprint
 * While the features are tracked as bugs[2] there are regular bugs filed as
   well and several are not assigned. Please coordinate with Chris, et al if
   you want to pick one up
 * Developers of oxide should join the oxide-developers[3] team for commit
   access. Alex and Olivier were already members of this team and we added
   Ricardo just now
 * A new open, public mailing list was created for Oxide. Please subscribe[4]
 * Build instructions are written[5]. Please ask Chris if you have any questions
 * Building oxide is involved and I've started talking to QA/CI about how to
   best integrate with them
 * Packaging for oxide is being worked on and Chris should have preliminary
   packaging next week
 * Chris has armhf hardware now and I've added a benchmarking work item to
   compare the Oxide webview to the current UbuntuWebview and send to this list
 * As per the meeting this week, we will not have a session at vUDS this
   month. We've had two on Oxide already, Oxide is the plan of record[6] for
   the future, and we just need to do the work.

If everyone can review the blueprint and to make sure the timing is correct,
that would be great. While it probably goes without saying, I'll say it anyway
since this is a multi-team effort: if you are assigned work items, please work
with Chris on time estimates to scope the work and communicate that to your manager.

*Huge* thanks to Chris for bootstrapping Oxide and getting us this far, and
thanks to everyone jumping in to make this a reality. :)

Jamie

[1]http://launchpad.net/oxide
[2]https://bugs.launchpad.net/oxide
[3]https://launchpad.net/~oxide-developers