oxide team mailing list archive

Re: 1326113; Support the Flash PPAPI plugin

On 10/06/14 11:19, Justin McPherson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking at the task in the subject. I've poked around a bit and
> it looks like this is not much more than a configuration task -
> figuring out what bits to wire up so that the plugin is added to the
> build.
>
> Is this right? Does anyone have any pointers/advice?
>

> - Justin

Hi,

It's a bit more than a configuration task :)

First of all, the plugin isn't added to the build - the plugin will be
provided by a download of Google Chrome (there is a package that takes
care of this). Loading the plugin needs to be wired in
oxide::ContentClient::AddPepperPlugins, but this isn't sufficient to get
a working Flash plugin.

Many parts of the Pepper API surface are implemented in Chrome, as
they're tightly integrated with the Chrome browser. To make Flash work,
we need to reimplement those API's in Oxide. You can take a look in
ChromeBrowserPepperHostFactory::CreateResourceHost() and
ChromeRendererPepperHostFactory::CreateResourceHost() to see what needs
reimplementing. Note, the Flash plugin has the permissions
"ppapi::PERMISSION_FLASH" and "ppapi::PERMISSION_PRIVATE", so any API's
that are available to plugins with these permissions need to be implemented.

Regards
- Chris