oxide team mailing list archive

Re: Oxide call notes - 13 Oct. 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 6:06 PM, David Barth <david.barth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Releases
>
> 1.10 pre-release testing looking good (1.10.2)
> - will ask for a silo for the vivid release, due to the overlay dependency;
> will update until 1.10 declared stable and ready for an official release
> 1.11 should be branched soon

FWIW, there’s also a wily version of oxide-qt in the overlay PPA, so
the silo needs to be dual-landing, and both releases need to be
source-copied, for completeness.

> 2. Features
>
> Now essentially 1.11 material:
> Reminder: the accelerometer & vibrate API support branches are just ready
> being reviewed and merged
>
> Also, WebRTC support enablement work happening in Webbrowser-app; based on
> Oxide 1.10  support

I did a bit of testing today, and there’s more to enabling WebRTC than
just connecting to the mediaAccessPermissionRequested signal.
I tested https://apprtc.appspot.com/ on arale and desktop, and I’m
getting the following 2 errors:

    Error getting user media: getUserMedia is not a function

    Create PeerConnection exception: RTCPeerConnection is not a function

I’m guessing we need to enable those bits in our chromium build?